Friday, February 1, 2008

Finally, some cards and pics!

The last few days have seen a dry spell of creativity for me. Seems that it's over because this morning, after posting BINGO numbers, I sat down at my craft table and completed a Stamp Shack swap with owls as the focus and, a card for my SIL, which is also for a Creative Team challenge at The Shack. I hope she has a sense of humour. DH said she did, so if not, I'll blame him. Oh, BTW, he said he would keep you updated on my progress after my surgery. I guess I'll have to give him my password, but Lord only knows what he'll get up to here. He has a very weird sense of humour. However, he will let you know how I'm doing, if y'all are interested, that is. How presumptious of me to assume you would. (One can only hope, right?)

Here's the card for SIL. I used my newest set, "You know you're old when....." by Gina K. Designs. This set is a must have for all of you. It is so versatile and funny. Of course, the front of the card doesn't make sense unless you read the inside. I actually found a tutorial that was terrific for sewing on cards. It is by Julia Stainton and was posted on her blog, Belle Papiere, quite a while ago. I just saw it today. You can read it here.
This card, however, also inspired me. Of course, I already had completed my card when I saw this one, but, never again will I throw out my 'goof-ups' and I can only hope that they turn out this cool. I love Cammie's attitude regarding this card.




Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI White Select
Designer Paper: Two Scoops
Stamps: Gina K. Designs
Ink: Palette Hybrid Black
Embellishments: CTMH Photo Hangers, TAC Loopy Brads, Scrapper's Floss, sewing


Here is the ATC I made for the swap. It's my last swap before going into the hospital and I'm really glad I finished it up so I can pop it into the mail tomorrow.




I just realized that the owl is from the set by Carolyn King (Cammie) which is also offered by Gina K. Designs. Seems I'm a bit addicted to Gina K.'s stuff. I'm not complaining about it. My addiction could have taken a completely different path, so I'll stick to rubber stamping and paper crafting, thank you very much!
The ATC uses the masking technique and three different stamping companies.

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI White Select
Patterned Paper: Clouds from Michaels
Stamps: Carolyn King Collection, Autumn Leaves, CTMH
Ink: Palette Hybrid Black, Versafine Sepia
Embellishments: Googlie Eyes, Copic markers and Copic Spica Glitter pen

9 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

Aah! I love the bra card!! That is too funny!

Your owl ATC is wonderful too! You did such a great job of colouring on both cards!

Alex said...

These are great cards!! That bra card cracks me up and I love that owl and his googlie eyes - LOL! Here is a project for Monday's bingo numbers. *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

http://californiastampin.blogspot.com/2008/01/little-box-of-goodies.html

Shannon Tompkins said...

You stamped! Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your bra card is so funny, llove it and your owl is so cool, l love his eyes. l'm glad your back at doing up some cards..l do enjoy seeing them.
Yes l'm glad your HB will keep us updated. l know that their will be lots of us praying for you, and YES I WILL MISS YOU SOOO MUCH.
l have put 3 cards in the gallery for Monday and will try to do 3 to 5 more done before Monday... So we can win before Feburday 10th..Thanks for doing the Bingo l do love playing it..

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Barb, I just love your bra card and who wouldn't just find it a hoot! At least those women of our esteemed age sure would! LOL

I'm so glad that John will keep us posted on your progress. You are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for your surgery. After the surgery is complete they'll keep you very busy in rehab but all of the hard work you put in will be worth it!

Give John my number if there is anything I can do to help him or you out.

Keep posting and creating. LOVE your sewing!

~Jennifer :)

Heather Grow said...

Great cards today. I just read cammie's post and that card cracked me up.

NormaJ said...

Love your cards Barb and I have
another in my blog at
http://dittydots.blogsite.com
called Woodland Camouflage.
I have a couple more in the works,
so that we can have a nice lot for
Monday too.

NormaJ said...

Oh you silly girl, whatever makes
you think we won't be thinking about you. We'll be there beside you all the way, you know that.
I am looking forward to seeing what
DH will have to say. You may have to keep a long stick with you to
bat his ears, in case he gets too
cheeky. LOL

K Hutchinson said...

Oh that bra card is great! Love all the stitching and the hardware on it! The gogglie eyes on the owl are so cute!

Here is my project:
http://runningonink.blogspot.com/2008/02/date-night-charms.html