Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Barb's knees #7

Well, this will be a short entry …

Big HM was gone all afternoon to see Little HM. Some of you made cards and mailed them here and he brought them to her today. He said he was going to take a picture of her and the cards, but forgot. Did I tell you or did I tell you? I think there may be doggie genes in him …

Anyway, he says her bandages were off and he saw the surgery marks; they’re a foot-and-a-half long and have staples every quarter inch or so. (Does this mean the surgeon used embellishments?) Big HM did take pictures of her legs but the pictures are so gross, I don’t think you need to see too.

Today was her first day of physiotherapy. She did well but said it hurt a bit. Later, she managed to walk all the way to the lounge/dining room and back. She was pooped but she did it. She thinks maybe there is a computer there so she may rejoin her stamp sites sooner than anticipated.

Big HM says she’ll stay until March 1 only because that’s when daughter Tiffany arrives but otherwise she would probably be discharged earlier as she is doing really well. She’s just moved tonight to another room: 308(1).

Well, now that Big HM is back, I think I’ll see if he has enough energy to play “jump-on-everything-until-stuff-breaks”; my second favourite game.

10 comments:

pescbrico said...

We call those staples a "zipper" at work. I wish everything will get well and that soon you will be able to walk a bit more with no pain. I'm praying for you.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Barb is absolutely amazing! I know this isn't easy but she is doing so great and I bet she was tired from all of that walking.

Barb, big hugs to you. Sure wish T'undar Bay wasn't so far from here.

Take care, my sister in spirit. I'm thinking of you!

~ Jennifer :)
(Merlin, Tango and Renoir and the canine/bovines are sleeping tonight so I finally get the computer.)

NormaJ said...

Hi Barb: I check in every day to see how you are getting along. They don't waste any time in getting you back on your feet do they? But good thing is you can go home soon and enjoy all the attention waiting for you there.
Hugs, Norma

Heather Grow said...

Bandages off already? Wow. That's great news.

Cathy said...

Hello Barb, we do miss you..l see the doctor was trying to do some crafting on your legs..You will have to teach them how to be decorative LOL.
Wow, walking already they like to get you going so fast these days.
Only 10 more days and then you will be HOME we will start the count down.. Hugs and prayers to both of you.

Lesa said...

Keep up the good work Barb - yes - I know it has to be tough work for you but one step at a time will win the race! Besides you need to hurry home as Hank is a big trouble maker! LOL :)

Alex said...

Big hugs to you Barb - I am so pleased to hear you are doing so well! I popped a card in the mail so I hope you get it soon! Glad to hear you are up and walking around, that is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kathy W said...

Barb, I'm pretty slow getting a card your way, but I am thinking of you every day. I'm sure that therapy is slow, hard work, and at times, painful, but hang in there. Sounds like you are doing great. Big hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb, glad to hear you're doing so well. I am sure it is very painful but you seem like a real trooper. Good luck to you and know I'm thinking about you. Get home soon.

Joanne (tojoco)

Trapedinga said...

Barb, I'm so glad you're up and around. Looks like you'll be dancing a jig come summertime. So glad Big HM didn't share the pictures, I still have DH's knee surgury plastered in my memory. Eew!!!
Oh and Hank, Snuggles says that his favorite game is to try to escape a paper bag (he has trouble with this but it's good for a laugh.
Take care all.
donna