Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Stamps Received from Laura AND Caardvarks Entry

ED NOTE: It has come to my attention that Caardvarks is having a 10K - 10 Day Challenge. The cards below fit the requirements for Day 1, so I'm going to enter them into their Challenge. The challenge will continue through to July 15th, so go check it out. Thanks to Allison for posting the link to this great challenge.

A while back, Laura from Whirlpool of Imagination posted a card sketch her 4 yr-old DD, Meg, made up. She then put all entries into a draw and I was the lucky winner. You can see that card here. Yesterday I received the stamps as the prize and here are two cards I made up using two of the stamps. The third card using the last stamp will be posted another time as it has a more whimsical flavour than these two. I just love them and want to thank Lauren and Meg for drawing my name.



The card on the left, with the butterfiles, is also my entry from CC121 at SCS that required us to use Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive.
The card on the right, the flowers, was coloured with Peerless Watercolours. I'll get the hang of watercolouring eventually, I guess! There's lots of places where the colour is just too heavy, or not blended correctly. It just doesn't look 'right' to me.

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Grey Bazzill
Stamps: Prickley Pear, Taylored Artwork
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: Peerless Watercolours, Prismacolor Markers, Stickles, ribbon

2 comments:

laos348 said...

Barb, you made such pretty cards with those stamps! I got them for myself as well but haven't made anything yet but yours are a great inspiration!

K Hutchinson said...

WOW you got great stamps! Love the cards you made with your loot!

~K