Tuesday, July 31, 2007

SCS CC125 and more Dirty Dare cards

You can check out the SCS colour challenge here. We were to use Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. What a fab combination and it just so happens I bought the perfect paper last week to complete this challenge. I picked up Bohemia Christmas by MME. I love their Bohemia line, everything in it, and the colours are, you guessed it, close enough to Bashful Blue and Close to Cocoa to be used for this challenge. The card base is Certainly Celery, then I put on the DP and the square, which is mounted on Certainly Celery, is from the page of tags enclosed with the paper. The only thing stamped on this card is "Season's Greetings" in, what else, Bashful Blue. If you look closely at the brads, you will see that they are blue, but have a green snowflake on them, too! What luck, I say. I added a dash of L'il Davis Designs ribbon and there you have it. A Christmas card fit for your best pal.

Dirty Dares



For those of you who are not members of the Fan Club at SCS, the gallery of all these cards that are being created for this special event will be open for public viewing later in the month of August. When it happens, I'll make sure to note it here so that you can all go see what all the hype is about.
This card is a combination of two of the four challenges posted today for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges. The layout is a sketch challenge and the other challenge was to use chipboard. I started with a Cameo Coral base. I then took a piece of chipboard and covered it with DS DP from SU Spring '07 Mini Catty. The circles are the reverse side of the striped paper. I plonked down a chipboard circle and punched out a couple of holes with my Crop-a-Dile to poke the ribbon through. I still thought it needed something, so I added some crystals for a bit of bling. I may go back and stamp Thank You on the card somewhere so that it will actually have a use! In looking at those circles again, I may have to invest in a Tag Rim maker thingie. Anybody know where to get one!

4 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Nice cards, Barb. I wasn't able to do today's SCS challenge because I don't have certainly celery. Have you noticed that colour is used all the time? Anyways, this month I'm ordering a mixed package of all four colours so I have every single colour. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Alhambra Club said...

These two cards are great, love the Christmas Card using those colors.

Thanh Vo said...

LOVE that first Christmas card Barb! Youve now enabled me to go check out that Bohemia line.

Tami Bayer said...

Oh the colors in christmas card are wonderful. I'm a huge fan of non-traditional colors in Christmas things. Beautiful.