Friday, July 27, 2007

More Dirty Dares!


First, you can click on any photo for a larger image, if you want to see the details.
Starting on the left, we have a combination of challenges from Wednesday. This photo combines the challenges of genie1314 and SweetMissDaisy. In lieu of details, I have linked their galleries so that you can see the talent of these ladies. Genie1314 provided the sketch and SweetMissDaisy challenged us to make cards using pet stamps and the 'bow wow' card was born. It makes me think of my sister, Shirley, who has a neurotic poodle named Sassy. I can say 'neurotic' here because Sis doesn't own a computer and has no desire to learn, therefore, I'm safe!
Supplies: SU Black, Green Galore, Pretty In Pink, Polka Dots & Paisley DP (Spring '07 mini, Pink Cat Studio image, Black StazOn, Prismacolor Markers, brads

The centre card, also a Wednesday challenge by StamperSharon. We were tasked to create a card with a 'toile' feel to it. I think mine turned out pretty good. The image is a PSX stamp and I picked it up in a stamp exchange with some ladies at The Stamp Shack.
Supplies: Whisper White, Bravo Burgandy, Black Versafine, Red StazOn, ribbon

And, lastly, the card on the right. We've finally moved on to Thursday challenges and, once again, have combined two challenges in one card. The sketch is by Beate Johns, and we were to use *only* clear stamps as set out by Genie1314 (her gallery is linked above). I made this card 6 x 6 because I just find Beate's sketches work well in this size and it gives me lots of space to use lovely papers and flowers and stuff.
Supplies: Bazzill Bling, Kraft, BG Stella Ruby DP, Green Thumb by PaperTrey Ink, Black Versafine, Ranger Distress EP, Crystal Stickles (for water drops), Primas, CTMH brads


Believe it or not, I have missed a couple of challenges, mostly because I am lacking some of the supplies (if you can believe that, my DH doesn't!). And now, here is it Friday and more challenges are coming out in a couple of hours. This is so much fun and I'm having a blast completing them. For me, challenges are my MUSE. I used to have a motto about my working life, long, long ago: "I'm so naive I don't know that I can't do it!". Apparently, this applies to challenges as well and when one is put before me, I must tackle it.
Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you again, soon, I hope.

4 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

All wonderful cards, Barb! Wow you've been busy!

Kristine said...

Very Cute!! Great cards here.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Risa said...

Very nice cards! Iknow what you mean about not having ALL the suplies. I have a ton of stuff but still not enough! :) Oh well (smile)