Sunday, September 16, 2007

Did you know?

I don't know how I missed this, but I did! And, thanks to Charmaine over at Oodabug Alley, I have now been enlightened.

Months ago I paid my money and joined the Fan Club at SCS. I spend way too much time at the computer already, so I don't always check it out as diligently as I should because they have fabulous Dirty Girls' creations to admire and now have added monthly challenges too, in several different categories, I might add.

This card was made for the Dirty Lost and Found Sketch Challenge. There are other challenges for September, but this one was the easiest for me. I will work on the others, but it may take a while. Thank godness they are 'monthly'. I started with a Kraft cardstock base and pulled out my All About Christmas wheel which I just had to have and this is only the second time it's been inked. (Note to self: "Duh, c'mon Barb, use your stuff!") Then I added some scraps of the Christmas paper I've been using lately and now that it's all chopped up, I don't remember who makes it. Next, I stamped the pine branch and pine cones on some dotted paper, without masking first. I used my SU Ticket punch on the corners and mounted it onto Real Red c/s, also with punched corners. I did mask the "Peaceful Wishes" sentiment because I wanted the words on two lines instead of one. Then, out came the Giga Scalloped Oval punce by Marvy, then the oval cutter by CM. The little green flower is on the sentiment to cover up an ink mark from over-zealously stamping the word "Peaceful". The final touch were the brads from HOTP. And there you have it, another Christmas card.

5 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

This is so nice! I love the bright colours.

Alex said...

Barb, this is so pretty! I love the bright colors, they are right up my alley - LOL! Very very cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

wanda box said...

Hi Barb Wow you have been busy. I was sick all last week finally got a card made for this week's Bingo.
I received the prize from last round I used some of the paper on this card. you are the best.

wanda box said...

oops Barb I forgot my link
http://ucanstampit.blogspot.com/

Renée Storch said...

Ohhhh I love it! You are such a talented card artist!!