Thursday, August 2, 2007

SC135

This is the card I promised to show you today. My photos always turn out better when photographed in natural light, but I think this applies to everybody. That's my excuse 'cause I was way to tired last night to do it, it was so hot. The weather has finely broken and we are at a very pleasant 24 degrees C., with a light breeze.
This card was made for SCS sketch challenge by Rox71. You can see the details here.
I found it very intimidating to get that centre strip just right. It took me about three tries. Thank goodness the original paper was 12 x 12! There is now about a 2" square piece left. This paper is gorgeous. Unfortunately, there was nothing on the back to indicate the manufacturer, but I do know I picked it up at Michaels on my last visit there. The scalloped oval was cut out using my giga punch on metallic gold paper by Creative Memories. Then, using the same DP, I Cuttlebugged the corners and glued them down and added mini-brads. I tried stamping the Good Luck on shimmer white paper as well, but the matching paper looked better in the end.

This card is going to have a special purpose. You must have heard by now that Whoopi Goldberg has been hired to join The View. Several of us at The Stamp Shack have decided to send her congratulatory cards. This is the card I will be sending.

I'm off to my craft room once again to make more cards. Hopefully they will be good enough to post! LOL! Believe me, not all of my creations make it to this blog.

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great card! You're not the only one who's behind in challenges! I can't seem to get caught up.

Alex said...

Nice card Barb! I feel like I am constantly trying to catch up - I figure sooner or later I will be so far behind that catching up will be right in front of me - LOL! *HUGS* Alex