Sunday, March 11, 2007

Just Cards, today!



The first card is a little 3 x 3 card. Those are so fast and easy to make. The stamp is of unknown origin. If anyone knows, please leave a comment as I would like to know. I stamped the image twice. On the second image, I coloured just the girl reading and then cut it out (very meticulously) and pop-dotted it onto the original image. I like the way it gives just that little extra ooomph to the card.

The middle one is from SU's Like it a Latte set. I'm trying to get used to picking my colours first, then coordinate the ribbons and embellishments I want to use. It's a foreign way of doing it for me, at least, but I think it's working well. Usually I just stamp and then think about stuff like that and it gives it a very helter-skelter look. I want to be more elegant, if that's possible. I got that tip from one of the blogs I read by Nicole Heady.

The card on the right is Happy Harmony by SU. I used the big button brads because with it being so blue, I thought it would be suitable for a guy card. Whaddya' think?



Of course, my day wouldn't be complete without a Bella card. Here is Imeldabella out for a little retail therapy. I made the stripes and dots myself. Aren't I clever?

The last card, so far today, is another SU set, Delight in Life. I've seen so many cards using this set on other blogs where they have cut out the larger flowers and I just love the look. It would be a lengthy list if I were to put down all the blogs where I have seen this technique used so I hope no one gets offended that I didn't credit them personally. They're everywhere. Just go blurfing and you'll see what I mean. Click on blurfing to see who created this neat word! Although I didn't actually on see it on Julie's blog, but on Debbie's blog, where credit is given for "blurfing".

That's all, so far. Don't forget to visit again this evening when I will post the winner of my Blog Candy contest. I can't wait to see who wins!

No comments: