Saturday, December 15, 2007

I've joined the band-wagon....

....of Copic Marker users. I just received my first set of 36 Copic/Ciao markers. I chose Set C because I love pastels and I'm very pleased with their colours. Here's a couple of cards I made using my new markers.




The top card uses one of my stamps from Elzybells. I stamped the dog first, then masked it, and stamped the flowers. They are a clear set I received from Michelle for the blog candy I won. Thanks, Michelle. I coloured in the dog and flowers using my new Copic/Ciao markers. Boy, do I know now what everyone is raving about. I immediately called Gina K. Designs and joined the Copic Marker club. I literally said I didn't care which group I joined, except for Set C group, I just wanted to get in a group. I was able to get a spot in the group for Set D. It's a great way of getting the markers at a price that is affordable by agreeing to a six-month duration. Each month, group members will receive six markers from their chosen set and, in the sixth month, you will also receive the case for the markers. Great idea, Gina, I love it. I feel very lucky to have a spot as the original sign-up occurred while I was at my son's wedding in Cuba.

The bottom card was made using my very first My Favorite Things stamp set. It was the November Stamp of the Month set and I loved it. MFT is also where I purchased the Copic/Ciao markers. Don't you just love the softness of the colours. I love Copic markers. Anyway, back to the card. For embellishments, I added some little pearlized shells and flowers I had in my stash. I have no idea where I got them or who makes them, but they are sweet and just perfect for this project. Also in my stash was a little bag of blue, glitter bits, again, from where I know not! I used my glue stick over the waves and threw on the glitter bits. Worked quite well, I think. The cardstock is PTI Select White to which I added a piece of DP from my Glitter Stack.

I think I'm going to go shopping again at MFT. I really like their stamps. My DH was very observant when I showed him my creation. He said, "She doesn't have a head!". I wish more husbands were as observant (spoken tongue-in-cheek fashion). LOL!

3 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

Wow! These cards look great - looks like the copic markers work well! I was debating joining the Copic Marker club, but decided not to. I'll probably end up getting some soon! I just wish they weren't so expensive! Anyway, you did a great job with those cards! My DH is as observant as yours! Don't they always notice the things like that!? LOL!

pescbrico said...

Your cards are really great! Love your coloring :)

Heather Grow said...

Congratulations on your new markers.