Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm Baaaaacccckkkk!

It feels so good to sleep in my own bed with my sickie husband. Poor man has contracted a cold while I was away visiting my family, grandchildren and, The Bella Herself, Emily. And, I was fortunate enough to meet Nicky also, The Designerbella. Both ladies are super fantastic and fun just to hang out with. I followed Nicky around the store, Cherished Scrapbooks and promised myself that whatever paper she chose, I would pick up also. I mean, if Nicky's going to use it, it must be fantastic stuff, right?

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to meet these ladies. I couldn't even finish a sentence before going on to something else. At one point I started to say, "only Emily" and a few minutes later Nicky says, "what do you mean, only Emily". I had to think about that for a second, then remembered that my sentence was actually a dangling participle and what I was trying to say was, "only Emily has small children and needs to be closer". You see, Cherished Scrapbooks has two stores, one in Mississauga and one in Thornhill. While Mississauga store was closer to where I was staying, the Thornhill store is Emily's LSS. Nicky, please forgive me, you are equally important to me!

I also met another lady there, Ann, and she was the most awesome woman to talk to, very interesting and we had a great deal in common, I thought. We both love this craft and we talking about education and children and all kinds of stuff. What a fabulously fun afternoon. I really didn't want to leave, but neither did I want to get caught in rush-hour traffic on the highway home.

I promise to post a couple of pictures later today or tomorrow. I've still not unpacked yet and I have to take a trip to the Minnesota border store to pick up my Cuttlebug which is waiting for me there. Then I have an appointment at Michaels's Arts and Crafts store which is opening up on Saturday here in Thunder Bay. I've been hired to teach cardmaking and scrapbooking there and they want a bio on me. Believe me, it will be short as I've only been stamping and cardmaking for about a year or so. So, this is me, saying see you later with more on The Bella and Designerbella!

3 comments:

Suzi said...

I've been to the store in Mississauga!!! Last year on vacation. I bought a stamp that I STILL haven't used!! We may be going back next year.

Soooo cool that you got to meet the Bella girls! I can't wait to see your pics!

doverdi said...

I met Nicki and Emily when we had them do a workshop at my friends house for our stamp club. This was just before Emily launched her new line of stamps. Both of them are so friendly and so much fun.

I'm so glad that Emily's stamp line is doing so well. I just love the bella's.

michelle sturgeon said...

Glad you are back safe and sound! Obviously your DH cannot live without you! LOL! So excited for you, having met Emily and Nicky! Upload those pics!
(Did you know Emily herself mentioned you on her blog!?!)