Sunday, October 5, 2008

I need challenges to rekindle my creative spirit!

Sadly, I have been in a creative funk for what feels like a very long time. In fact, it's only been about 2-1/2 weeks, but for what I have invested in this hobby, it's way too long. Just ask DH! Anyhoo, I couldn't resist getting into the fray with all of the challenges abounding for World Card Making Day yesterday. At The Stamp Shack, there was nothing formal planned, just those who wanted to create a challenge did so. My friend & roomie for Shackie get-aways, Sherri, posted a challenge to make a Fall card without using orange or brown! I did and here it is.



Isn't she a sweetie? She's from Paper Pretties and was the September Stamp of the Month and here I am, just getting around to her now. It was very simple to make and I felt it didn't need any embellishments because of the scalloped edge of the paper layers. I cut it with a pair of decorative scissors. Also, the use of the Giga Scalloped Punch added to the look. The DP is from DCWV Glitter Stack.

Another challenge offered by Little Paper Shop had me with the sketch they provided. I thought it would showcase some fabulous Heidi Grace paper which I recently acquired and just love. The sentiment is from LPS, but the main image is from Stamping Bella. Take a look at my Warm & Fuzzy card. (BTW, that was my challenge at The Shack.)




I'm just going to the Little Paper Shop blog now to put in my entry for the blog candy associated with this Sketch Challenge. Why don't you hop on over there, too, and participate in some of their challenges.

3 comments:

mudmaven said...

Barb these are wonderful! Glad to see you back at it! ~chris

Stampinsilvia said...

What great cards! I lvoe the sketch card for the little paper shop! Super job!

Julia said...

Great cards!I love baby cards! That paper is perfect for the image.