Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I thought I missed the PTI Blog Hop!!!

You can visit the May Blog Hop List in the PTI Forum and see all the other bloggers who are participating by clicking here.

This is the card I made for this month's Blog Hop Challenge. Here's the challenge, direct from the Papertrey Ink site, "Your challenge this month is to utilize score lines in a creative way as a decorative accent to any type of project. I look forward to seeing all of your results!!!"



I started with a pale lilac cardstock, measuring 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I added a 5" x 5" piece of Sweet Blush. This is the bit I used my Scor-Pal for the scoring lines. I tried to create a diagonal pattern and on two of the squares, I attached some of the printed paper that was available for download from PTI. I stamped some flowers from the Text Boxed set using Berry Sorbet ink. The baby stamps I used were from Studio G clear stamps as I didn't have time to get the newest release from PTI, but I will! I added some chipboard photo corners which I covered with more of the downloaded paper from PTI and inked the edges (a little over-zealously, methinks!) and adhered them to opposite corners. Then, to finish it off I put on some buttons from Buttons Galore.

Okay, this is my first time to participate inthe PTI Blog Hop and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

25 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a sweet card, Barb. Love the little heart buttons, such a nice touch! Glad you played along!

Scrapping Julie said...

awww soo sweet
Julie

Diane said...

Beautiful colors and great design. So sweet!!!

Molly B said...

So sweet, love how you used the patterned paper. -Molly B

Etha said...

that is so cute, your buttons really finishe it off nicely! what a great idea to use the downloadable paper!!

ohradiogirl said...

I like the grid look. TFS!

IamDerby said...

I like your grid.. and cute little heart buttons.

Jak Heath said...

lovely card Barb

Latisha said...

i like the embellishements that you used

Lori said...

Cute!

Deanna said...

Very cute... and welcome to the blog hops!

Chris said...

cute card!!!

Jennifer Buck said...

What a sweet card this is! Love those hearts! :)

Unknown said...

Super sweet!

Kimberly Crawford said...

like the way you did the sentiment across the middle! tfs!! :)

Janette said...

such a sweet baby card! TFS.

Lisa H. said...

great card. love the stamping pattern you created with your score lines. TFS!

Aimee said...

adorable...

Lisa T. said...

Congrats on joining the bloghop! Lovely card - the colours are wonderful and I love the buttons.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Absolutely adorable, Barb!

Kevin Renz said...

What a sweet card - great job!

Donelda said...

Great card Barb. I love your scoring and those little heart buttons are awesome!!!

Kathleen said...

Great scoring---and love those flowers in the diamonds!

Theresa Tyree said...

Lots of sweet goodies goin' on here! Cute!

Debbie Olson said...

Such a sweet card, Barb--love the buttons!