Saturday, June 9, 2007

LSC119 ~ Create A Background

I'm so sorry that I don't have the correct challenge title for this post. SCS website is 'down' at the moment, but as soon as I can, I will edit this post to show the challenge properly. The challenge is LS119 ~ Create A Background, as corrected in the title of this post. In the meantime, I do remember that is was for inked backgrounds which did not include things like large stamps, cuttlebugged papers, etc. I sure hope using small stamps and a brayer wasn't included or I'm in deep doo-doo!
I had to make this Cosmobella card because of something I saw over at The Stamp Shack. My friend Sherri, was playing around and posted a card with Cosmobella with a huge cupcake. I just loved the idea and decided to 'borrow' it from her. I hope the link will work for you! Anyway, that's how the idea for this card was born. In case you can't read the stamped sentiment, it says, "make mine a double double". Okay, I'm really laughing to myself, I thought it was pure genius! Also, I knew I wanted to 'stage' this photo because of the content. I went to the liquor cabinet to get the Martini bottle, went to the cupboard to get a martini glass, but couldn't reach it. I even got out the step-stool. I was able to get onto the first step, but my crappy knees wouldn't let me get my foot on the second step, so I had to use a wine glass. Please forgive the faux paux! Besides, if DH had seen me trying to climb up for a picture, I wouldn't need my knees replaced, he would have killed me! Not really, but he would not have been happy with me for sure. Hey, Sherri, this one's for you!

Cardstock: Bazzill Bling
Stamps: Cosmobella, M's $1.50 martini, Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Inks: VersaMark, CTMH's Baby Pink, Key Lime, Sunkiss Yellow, Smokey Plum, SU's Bashful Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads

3 comments:

shuggy said...

what a great card!!!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

That's such a cute card! :)
~Angie

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!