Sunday, June 3, 2007

FS17 ~ And She'll Have FUN, FUN, FUN!

OMG! The Featured Stamper today is "stamps4funinCA" aka Tosha. I hadn't seen her gallery before, but I'm sure I'll be back to case more of her cards. The attention Tosha gives to the details is absolutely amazing. You can see her gallery here. What I find most interesting about challenges, whether it be on SCS or another blog, is that they have helped me so much in how I make my cards. For example, today I learned more about distressing the edges than I ever knew before, and I've been distressing edges for about a year now. I've learned how to take a card and break it down so that I can work out how it was put together and try to emulate it. I don't think I'll ever be a genius at "designing" my own cards, but being able to look at another artist's cards and try to re-create their style, while trying to make it my own in some way, will add so much to my work. To all those artists, I say "thank you". The card I chose to CASE is this one.

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks
Cardstock: Buckaroo Blue, Cranberry Crisp
DP: Creating Keepsakes Multi Stripes & Floral Crochet
Ink: Close To Cocoa, Rose Red & Ancient Page Flamingo
Accessories: Making Memories Ribbon, brads & CTMS ribbon slide

5 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

This is a beauty of a card! I love the layout and the colors. You did a beautiful job of making it your own, too.

shuggy said...

what a fabulous card!!!

K Hutchinson said...

This is a beautiful card! Love all the details! I wish I was good at those two step flower stamps!


~K

Julie Mutch said...

This is gorgeous! You did a great job of making it your own, too. One of these days you're gonna be the "Featured Stamper!' You're already one of my favourites! Have a great day, Barb! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Love your work!

Donna
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/rubyslippers74