Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Need More Wine....

...because I need more of the mesh that was on the bottle! As soon as I saw this mesh, I knew it belonged on a card. With incredible haste, I downed the contents of the bottle (hic) and removed the mesh (hic). Then I stumbled into my craft room and laid my head down on the table to think about how to make a card with the mesh (hic). I fell asleep! The good news is that when I woke up, I knew what I wanted to do with the mesh. I took a piece of kraft paper for the card base. I stamped trees onto Very Vanilla and sponged with some chalk inks in several colours. I took the mesh and, using lacing brads, adhered it to the tree stamped piece of cardstock. Then I pulled out my jungle stamps and stamped & coloured the lioness and her cub, and the giraffe mama and her baby. After carfeully cutting them out I wanted to place them under the mesh. Why, or why, didn't I think of that before attaching the mesh? I can only believe that the contents of the bottle that held the mesh was the reason!!! However, after much perserverance, the animals were successfully caged and no one was hurt, this time.

Cardstock: Kraft paper, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Maryse Carrier, Lovely As a Tree
Ink: ColorBox Fluid Chalks, Autumn Shades
Accessories: Karen Foster Lacing Brads, mesh from unknown wine bottle

No comments: