Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Limited Edition Stamp



For the past two years, The Stamp Shack has commissioned an artist to draw a "Stamp Shack Santa". This year, based on a poll over at The Shack, the majority of members wanted a snowman. This wonderful image was created for us by Paul Gunson and what a beautiful stamp this will be. There will be only one run of this stamp and you can pre-order it until Friday, August 29, 2008. Hurry over and place your order now so that you will have it in plenty of time for creating delightful Christmas cards and, be the owner of a limited edition stamp.

You can place your pre-orders here.

Tomorrow the moving company will be back to pick up 25 clear plastic bags, normally used for leaves, that are just jam-packed with paper and about 100 boxes. As soon as they are gone, we'll have room to move around and unpack the remaining boxes, which I estimate to be about 20 or so, many of them holding my crafting supplies. I'll soon be back in the swing of things, just in time for Halloween and Christmas!

On a sadder note, the reason I've been MIA is because my ex-husband passed away suddenly on August 9th. Our children have been devastated, to say the least, and I've wanted to be there to help them and care for them any way I can. My ex and I remained friends and I will miss him. Whenever I came to Guelph to see the kids, I always looked forward to at least sharing an hour or two over a glass of Dubonnet for me and a Rusty Nail for him, and just talking about our kids and remembering the good times and sharing our hopes for each of their futures. Discussing the grandchildren was always a highlight of our conversations. I'll miss Peter and those talks, but I believe he will be watching over his children from his seat in Heaven.

4 comments:

Lesa said...

Oh Barb, I am so sorry for you and your familys loss. It is devastating to lose a parent. I am glad you are there for the children. BIG hugs.

~Tammy~ said...

Barb, so sorry to hear about your loss. Many Hugs Tammy.

Sarah said...

Barb, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for you all.

Sarah
www.homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah

Tami Bayer said...

You and your family are amazing people, Barb. Really, not many can say there are such strong ties. I'm so sorry for you loss. Lots of hugs to you.