Sunday, November 18, 2007

My first scrapbook page in aeons!

Well, SCS just never quits! Last night I was over there, lurking as usual, and what do I see? New challenges, at least to me. The Inaugural Diva Design Scrapbook Challenges were posted and they are amazing. I'm going to try each one, but I started with Taylor's challenge which is based on a card sketch (I can't get away from them, it seems). I used SC150 which you can see here. Here is my entry SBDD01TAYLOR:



These challenges will be a much needed catalyst for me to get back to scrapbooking. With two grandsons now, and another grandchild on the way (WOO HOO!), I need to get cracking. Just the other day I had some photos printed with the very idea of 'getting down to it' and, well, now I have.

As a former CM consultant, I have loads of empty albums so I started with a 12 x 12 CM page. I used River Rock onto which I stamped the pine tree branches, also in River Rock. SSHHH! don't tell anyone! There is a seam very carefully hidden under the photo because I only have 8-1/2 x 11 SU paper. Next, I selected Soft Sky for the photo mat and stamped that with the pine cones, then mounted the photo. Because the white areas looked a little bare now, I pulled out the TAC Snowy Swirls and stamped them in my new Dew Drop ink in Platinum. This colour really shows up well on a white background. I added the snowflake brads and used the letters from My Mind's Eye Christmas Bohemia collection and added a couple of bits of Soft Sky ribbon. I've long wondered what I would used these letters for since they are huge. A scrapbook page is just the ticket. Just to finish it off, I stamped Peaceful Wishes in Palette Hybrid Cognac.

Thanks to the Design Divas, Amy Rysavy, Taylor van Bruggen, Nichole Heady, and Lisa Johnson for such great challenges.

5 comments:

Heather Grow said...

I love that you incorporated stamping onto your layout. The colors are really pretty too.

Shannon McGann said...

You did a great job with the sketch - this is a beautiful page! Your grandson is so adorable. What a cutie!

Alex said...

Great job on the sketch Barb! And, CONGRATS on the new grandbaby on the way - whoohoo! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ila said...

This is Lovely!! ...And what a Cutie!!!

Tami Bayer said...

Owen is such a handsome guy. Great page and congrats on another grandbaby...I didn't know that :)