Thursday, April 5, 2007

Today is "Other Stuff" Day!

Last evening, my daughter-in-law, Kristyn, sent me a picture of my grandson, Jackson. It is so beautiful it made me get teary-eyed just looking at it. Want to see it? Of course you do. Okay, here it is.... Well, isn't that the most adorable picture you've ever seen. Anyway, it got me to thinking that now that I have two beautiful grandsons, I need to start making cards for them. Actually, I already have made cards for them, but now I need cards with cute, boy images. I received my Hambo Stamps today and here is a little-boy card. I'm not sure who will get it yet, but it will be either Owen or Jack. Whoever ends up with it, the other one will have a card equally cute! Now, here's the card....

I would never post a pic of one grandson without giving the other grandson equal time. This is a holdover from my younger days watching my Mom always make things equal among her grandchildren (10 of them) and then, my own children. I never once saw her give something to one and leave out any of the others. What to you grandmothers out there do? Do you make sure your precious grandchildren are treated equally? What about birthdays? If there is a birthday-person, does each of the children in that family, assuming there is more than one, get a present too? It's an ongoing battle I have with myself regarding this. So far, I have two grandsons living in different countries. I believe it is safe to assume they will not always be an only child! I'm not asking though, as that's really none of my business. Anyway, I digress. Here's one of my most favourite pictures of Owen.
Everytime I look at this picture, I smile. He just looks so darn proud of those teeth.

My sweeties, Grandma loves you!

3 comments:

shuggy said...

oh my cute kids!!

Lorie said...

Barb - How cute is your blog! I'll add you to my list, too! ~Lorie

michelle sturgeon said...

Great pics, Barb!