Thursday, October 8, 2009

My first card with my Whimsie Doodles prize stamp set

If you remember, last week I won a prize from Whimsie Doodles. You can see the blog post here.

Here's the first of what I know will be many, many creations. I think this seahorse is just adorable. Unfortunately, you can't see the glitter on the fin and top bits, but it looks really super, even if I say so myself.

The base is Night of Navy. I added a bit of sea green c/s from my bits & pieces drawer and then placed some DP from Best Creation Inc. It's a beautiful DP with an 'ocean creatures' theme. I cut out the seahorse and used dimensional glue-dots to adhere it to the small bit of Night of Navy. The sheer ribbon is from my stash and the sign is made with the SU punch and matching stamp set, Totally Tabs.



Here's a little tip about digital images. If you look closely at the post below and click on the card to enlarge the image, you will see that the lines bled when I coloured with Copics. Today, I sprayed the images with hairspray, let the paper dry for a bit and then coloured, again with Copics. Voila, no bleeding of black lines into the colour. I'm going to keep doing that and perhaps you should give it a try, too.

No comments: