Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Huge Thank You to Alma

This card is long overdue, but as the saying goes, "better late than never"! When I was in England in late April/early May, I had the pleasure of spending a day with Alma. Now this lady is a feisty, tiny, don't-mess-with-me Irish gal. I think she's great and will be forever greatful to her for introducing my lovely daughter, Kirsten, to her husband, John. I can relax in the knowledge that my daughter has found her true love. However, I digress. I'm thanking Alma because she took a day off work to squire me around the Victoria and Albert Museum. We saw the Hats Through the Ages Exhibit and the Fashions of Yesteryear (my own name because I can't remember the proper one). We had a lovely lunch and coffee during the day and just had a super time. That's why I made this card, to say thanks.

The only thing I know for sure about this card is that the stamp I used was from Pickly Pear and I used Copics to colour. All the rest of the card was made from papers I had in my scraps drawer. The flowers and little centres in the middle of the flowers, along with the ribbon, were sent to me in a bag of goodies from Debbie. I won the draw on her blog for the Sketch Saturday birthday celebration. Thank you, Debbie, the bag of goodies was extremely generous and will be put to good use.



2 comments:

mudmaven said...

I'm sure this card will be a bit hit with Alma as it is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous job. ~chris

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good time, I am sure Alma will love the card. it is lovely. Hugs Avril xx