Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Using DD's computer 'cause still no joy in internet land!!

I can't believe we're still without internet, but we are. In the meantime, I've got ttwo cards made using JessicaLynn Original stamps.

This is the first of my projects for 2009 as part of the design team for JessicaLynn Original Stamps. I was very pleased to receive the Rainbow Bridge set and wanted to use that one first.

The colours I selected for this card were taken from a most unusual place. DH and I were watching The Late Show with David Letterman one evening and I just loved his tie. He is always so impeccably dressed and wears the most beautiful ties. Anyway, that’s were the inspiration for these colours were found. Now, onto the card.

Although you can’t tell, the base of the card is Very Vanilla. The other two cardstocks are Lovely Lilac and Creamy Caramel. As you can see, I used my Cuttlebug extensively for this card, making two of every thing. I first used the Branches with Birds for the first layer. The circles are both large and small Straight and Scalloped. The smallest circle is for the image and uses, of course, Very Vanilla. I stamped the image using Palette Hybrid Black ink and coloured it with Copic markers. If you look closely, you may be able to see the ever-so lightly sponged area for which I used Brilliance ink in Pearlescent Sky Blue. As a final touch, I added some Glamour Dust to the rainbow for a little pizzazz.




Here is another great stamp set by JessicaLynnOriginal. Jessica really comes up with some of the cutest designs I’ve seen and this set is no exception.

When I looked at this stamp, which is one of four, along with some accessory stamps in the set, it just made me think that this fellow was checking himself out in the mirror before picking up his date for the evening. He looks in the mirror and thinks, “Stripes are so Slimming!” and off he goes, full of vim and vigor for a night out on the town.

On this card I started with Creamy Caramel. The striped paper is by SU from last year. (I’ve got to use it up or I can’t buy more!) I used the Nestabilities Labels 2, the largest and the one two steps down from that. I wanted a wide border to show off the stripes. The image was stamped onto PTI Select White and the ink is Memento Tuxedo Black. It’s the first time I’ve used Memento ink and I’m happily surprised with the crispness of the image. And, also in it’s favour, it does not bleed when using Copic markers. It’s a winner!

The sentiment is from a grab bag of stamps I purchased last year from an unknown source. I stamped it on more of the striped paper, going in a horizontal direction and added a couple of brads at each end. Still thinking it needed something, I opted for small square brads to add between the image and the sentiment. I’m happy with the way it looks.

3 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

Get your internet back! Was that loud enough? I miss you when you are gone. These are both lovely.

Frankiesue said...

Hi Barb,,, when you get your internet back... pop over to my blog and pick the award i left you.

Cindi said...

oh Barb, that pet sympathy card may be the best pet sympathy card I've ever seen!!! It's great to see you back online
:)