Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthday Card for my brother, Bob

Today is my brother's birthday. I won't say how old he is because, quite frankly, I can't remember. All I know is loss of memory comes with age, so I'll say no more! I'm hoping to see him this afternoon or maybe he and his wife, Lesley, this evening. It's great being so close to family now. I won't miss any more birthdays (or cake)!

I visited SCS this morning and the CC195 appealed to me, particularly for a man's birthday. I didn't have any Sahara Sand, so I substituted River Rock. The main image is from the Lovely As A Tree set. I stamped the upper trees in Flannel Gray by CTMH and the lower trees in Palette Hybrid Black. For a splash of colour, I added Copic G28 (Ocean Green), mixed in with some C3 (Cool Gray). I added a bit of River Rock ribbon to add a dimensional interest.

The inside of the card uses an image from Happy Harmony in the lower right, stamped in Sahara Sand and the sentiment is from Happy Everything stamped in Wild Wasabi and re-stamped, using my Stamp-A-Majig, with Flannel Gray. Overall, I like the way it turned out.

3 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Barb, your brother (how ever old of a dude he is) is going to love this card. It is wonderful.

Oh...and tell Grandpastamper that we just have a feed truck pull in our driveway and fill the silo with dog food. It lasts about a week. LOL LOL LOL But yes, I'm a well know shopper at the dog food store as I carry out three of their biggest bags at a time. Dang, these pups ain't starvin!

Tami Bayer said...

Such a beautiful card for your brother. I love that you decorated the inside, too. Wonderful.

mudmaven said...

What a beautiful card! I'm certain he is going to love it. ~chris