Sunday, April 6, 2008

I love Gina K's "Tickle Your Funny Bone" stamps

I have both sets, "Way To Go" and "You Know You're Old When....". Yesterday I completed some cards for a swap at The Stamp Shack. Here is my creation. Well, it's not really my creation as I totally CASED it from here. I was perusing the gallery at SCS and fell in love with the card by Mothermark. I truly hope she is flattered that I used her design.



I used some of my newest cardstock from Papertrey Ink in Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush, then added some SU Chocolate Chip, as well. There was a lot of cutting involved in this card, but well worth the time it took, I think. I did have a difficult time getting the colour of the gums just right. It took two different colours of Copic Markers: V000 - Pale Health and R11 - Pale Cherry Pink. For the teeth, I used E50 - Eggshell. Only movie stars and talk show hosts have really white teeth! Oh, and did you notice that I used Gold Stickles on one of the teeth for some added pizzazz (my new favourite word).

The cards are now on their way to the hostess of the swap and I can't wait to receive my cards back to see what other fabulous cards my fellow-swappers have created.

I want to go play some more now, so see you soon.


9 comments:

mudmaven said...

I love the color combo. I'm waiting for my order to arrive from PTI so that I can play too - will definitely have to try the chocolate chip with these - so sweet! Hope you're doing well. ~chris

Heather Grow said...

What a fun card. I love the embossed cardstock.

NormaJ said...

This is too funny, Barb. Love the gold tooth. Glad to hear you are
up on your feet again. And thanks
for your concern.

Alex said...

What a fun and cute card Barb - love the gold!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Thanh Vo said...

Glad to see you blogging and doing well Barb!

Paula said...

Now this card really did make me laugh out loud! hee hee:D
Great card!

Tami Bayer said...

Such a fun card, Barb. Did you know that people now pay for gold teeth just to have a bit of pizzazz. Sometimes they get a few on something called a grill they put over their teeth....crazy things I know from having a teen in the house :)

Samantha Esqueda said...

That is COMEDY! Love it!

visit luvcraftn.blogspot.com for a free PIF

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha, Hee, Hee...LOVE this card! Great work!
Terri F