Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I had some play time today, yay!

I'm tellin' ya, ladies, trying to keep a tidy house for house viewings is difficult. I really feel for those women who are selling their houses AND have children to look after as well. There is just the two of us here and it's hard enough. We had people here on Saturday, and Open House on Sunday, people here Monday, agents' tour this morning and now someone coming over tonight at 7 pm. I know it's all good, but it sure does cut into my play time. That being said, I loved the challenges on the Gina K. Forum on Sunday night and just had to participate. Only now did I realize there were three challenges, but I only have two completed. Here's my card for April Release Challenge # 1 by Carolyn King. Duh! There seems to be a problem uploading, so I'll put a link here to my SCS gallery and fix it later. Front of Card and Inside of Card. I used Berry Sorbet by PTI as the card base and put a strip from their Pink Patterns and then added some Swiss Dot ribbon, also in Berry Sorbet. I cut a circle of Aqua Mist and used my Marvy Giga Scalloped punch, with Select White by PTI for the image. I used the You Know You're Getting Old When....set for Challenge #1.




And, for April Release Challenge # 2 by Erika Martin. Here's the link to my card. This card started with a base of Certainly Celery. I placed a layer of patterned paper by CTMH that is close enough to Pretty In Pink. The image was stamped onto Very Vanilla and double-matted in Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery. The set I used was Getting Buggy, which I just love. I added some pink grosgrain ribbon and some button brads to finish it off. You just have to go look at the pics, please. This card also meets the criteria for the Colour Challenge today, CC163.



My goodness these posts are boring without pictures! I hope it gets fixed soon by Blogger! YAY! BLOGGER IS FIXED.

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE both cards, Barb! I have been looking at that bug set . . .I LOVE the sentiment you used! Too cute!

Alex said...

Thesea are wonderful cards Barb - I especially love that cute little bug although I can totally relate to the whole car thing - LOL!

Good luck with the house! My house in Florida has been on the market for 14 months now, uggghhh!! I hope it sells soon!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Hi Barb! I'm so glad you are getting back into creating your wonderful cards. The b'day card is hysterical. I think I need that card! LOL

Hope you are feeling better and better everyday.

Hugs to you!
Jennifer