Wednesday, October 31, 2007

SC148



This is my card for the skecth challenge at SCS today. You can see the details here.
The stamp is by Sugarloaf Products and is about 12" long, but I just cut it for the middle section. The layout was super simple, so the actual interest in the card depends on the embellishments one chooses. I wanted to use a non-traditional paper and I think the HOTP Winter Dots works just fine. The cardstock is Bazzill. I used some navy gros grain ribbon to define the upper and lower portions of the card. To the ribbon, I added a strip of Stampendous Glitter Snowflake Stickers and on the bottom, there are more of these stickers randomly set onto the card. I used Prismacolor Markers to colour the image, trying to keep the same colours that are in the patterned paper. The snow is covered in Frosted Lace Stickles which is just barely visible. Very simple, but very Christmasy, too!

5 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Great idea just using a little bit of that long stamp. Cute card.

My Paper World said...

Love the snowmen and that dotty paper, very cute!

Starr said...

very cute snowmen! Love 'em!

Donna said...

Oh so cute.... and hey tag yout it!

I am tagging you so check it out

http://thestampsource.blogspot.com/2007/11/ive-been-tagged.html

Shannon McGann said...

So cute! Love the snowmen!