Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ways to Use It Challenge WT113

Today's challenge at SCS was to use your small stamps, no bigger than 1-1/2" square. I thought immediately of the SU Mini Mate set which doesn't get used as much as it should! However, I had some difficulty in coming up with a layout so I dragged my mouse over to PageMaps for some inspiration. This particular layout called me, but only after I tried one that I screwed up! I used Bazzill Bling c/s for the base of this 6 x 6 card, added some patterned paper which I've had forever and therefore can't remember who made it and punched circles with my CM punches. Then I used the flower stamps from Green Thumb by Papertrey Ink. I coloured the little hedgehog with Prismacolor pencils and stamped the flowers using SU inks and Colorbox Chalk Petal Point inks in the following colours: Ballet Blue, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Rose Coral and Wisteria. I then added the sentiment and some Jazzybrads.

If you haven't tried any of the SCS challenges you should. They are really great for getting the creative juices flowing. Go on, you know you want to and most importantly, have FUN!

4 comments:

shuggy said...

so cute!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

It's cute. I never had creative ideas either for my SU minis.-spartymom

Tami Bayer said...

This is so adorable, Barb. I don't use that set often enough either. Thanks for the nudge!