Thursday, September 18, 2008

"All That Sparkles"

That is the name of the class I attended yesterday at the one, the only, Stamping Bella Boutique in Thornhill, Ontario. What a terrific time and I did learn a few things, too! The class instructor was Nicky Manel. You can see her blog here. ALL of these cards were designed by Nicky and I must say how totally organized she is. Each of the participants was given five baggies containing all of the contents needed to create the cards. The pieces were pre-cut, the ribbon was pre-cut and little flowers were pre-punched. All we had to do was stamp the images, colour them, add the "sparkle" and assemble the card. Even with all the pre-work that Nicky did, I still had to make the last card at home, but that was by choice. I wanted to get ahead of the rush-hour traffic which can be horrendous getting across the top of Toronto. Because I didn't finish at the class, the card I did at home has a different image than what was used at the class. I wish I had stamped the image first, but alas, I didn't think that far ahead. So, I improvised using BubbleBella instead of Tiny Teacup (which I love, BTW, and WILL have very soon). Here are the cards, in no particular order. Of course, all the stamps are Stamping Bella, the baubles are Bella's Baubles and the sparkly stuff is Glamour Dust by DecoArt. EVERYTHING is available in the store and on-line so go check out the website.







If you live in the GTA, or even further, and can get to the Stamping Bella Boutique, it's worth the drive. Go check out their calendar, I'm sure you'll find something to suit your crafting style, whether it be cardmaking or scrapbooking. And, for heaven's sake, go shopping. I certainly did!

No comments: